Monday 12 January 2009

The Recession Hit More Than My Pocket!

Oh, yes! Tighten your belts, folks...the global recession will surely get worse before it gets better!?

Over here they're calling it the "Credit Crunch"...lucky for me, I have no credit cards to 'crunch' and my credit history is shot to pieces.

But, I still have my fingers which the greedy money-men are gleefully but slo-oowly turning the thumb-screws on...LOL!

As the title says, the recession hit more than my pocket...perhaps on a lighter note, my hairline has taken a beating, too! HANG ON!.....That's been receding for years!

Oh! The joys of middle-age! (er...er...well....near it anyway!)

Here's a thought.....perhaps they should stop spending (our!) money on needless wars (Afghanistan, Iran, etc.) and funding pointless war-mongers (Israel) and then there might just be enough to go round!

2 comments:

v said...

No crap, Stu! Sigh. I have no credit cards either. YAY. I have no debt at all actually. I'm very happy about it too. Of course, my ability to save anything is well...nonexistent. Have to work on that. (:

Hrafnkell Haraldsson said...

Shield wall time!!! Once upon a time we could have dealt with any trouble by gathering up the lads and taking what wealth the neighbors had. End of financial crisis at home! Not so easy these days.

My credit rating hasn't fully recovered from my divorce/fire days and the debt I sank into at the time trying to keep my head afloat. Which is all for the best since that makes it more difficult to get into debt now, I guess, and keeps my spending in line. I have one credit card (for internet purchases) and I'm happy with that. I've learned my lesson.