Thursday 29 January 2009

Why do we moan...

...about the bloody weather!? I don't know what it's like where you live but, here in England most conversations start with/end with/consist of this...

"Too cold.....too hot.....urg, it's raining again.....can't wait til Summer.....windy, innit!?"

Like there's nothing important to worry about (Recent economic crisis springs to mind!)

My answers to the above grumbles are:

"It's winter.....it's summer.....we live in the Northern Hemisphere.....I prefer Winter.....there's a giant eagle lives in the North who's flapping his wings!" (well.....not quite - I'd be laughed out of town with the last one...but you get the idea)

I can only think that this is a relatively recent whinge in the course of the history of conversation. I would imagine that our ancestors had much more to worry about 1500 years ago, however..... (LOL).....imagine this.....

"Crops failed again this year!"
"Yeah.....bloody weather!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha, oh I didn't see this til now. I hate it when people complain about it too. Come on! It happens EVERY YEAR.

I prefer winter over summer as well, though fall is my favourite! Best weather all year :D

Unknown said...

Heh, heh, heh.
I don't know. Sometimes its about all I can think of to say for fear I'll end up in some windy diatribe about a bunch of trivia..........

Stuart Leeds said...

Hail spottedwolf and welcome.

I kind of agree.

Although one of my mantras is; 'if you have nothing important to say, say nothing.', sometimes just mentioning the weather shows that you're not boring, I suppose!