Sunday 11 January 2009

Made it to Hazel Wood

Early up and out to the archery club. Shot 2 dozen arrows at a 60yard target, pulled out 5 arrows in total from the boss...hunted the 19 on the floor 40-50yards further on and decided it wasn't my day, packed up and went home! That's the trouble with the longbow...it's all 'hit-and-miss'! Mostly miss, but I wasn't in the right frame of mind, today! So, I've got the rest of the year to chase my 'Second Class' archer status (they only last one year, then you have to 're-earn' them from January!)

On the way home I thought I'd check-out Hazel Wood..and took some photos on my crappy mobile-phone (cellphone), which didn't turn out too bad, actually! As I mentioned the place in a post earlier, I thought I'd share them with you.

This must be the 'Guardian of the Wood'.
Standing sentinel-like at the entance, it seemed to be the
largest of all the trees in the area (roughly 5-7ft diameter trunk).


This avenue
just as you
walk in must
be beautiful
in full leaf!




This Old Fella looks
like something from
'The Enchanted Wood'!





At the top of the hill stands
this magnificent example,
in what I can only describe
as a grove
. (I will investigate
further in the Summer!)


A pathway leading
down
an icy slope.
Nice arched
overhang, tree!








And we are greeted by
this view on
exiting Hazel Wood!

All in all, I was quite pleased for going there! No ritual, ceremony or spiritual cleansing took place - too cold - and I wasn't really in the mood for it either. I seem to be in the 'Down-in-the-dumps' mode all too often recently, but felt a lot better for my little excursion to Hazel Wood!
.....Perhaps I should get out more?!

4 comments:

v said...

Beautiful pics!

Anonymous said...

Pretty nice pics for a phone!

Unknown said...

Lovely pics.......brings to mind a tree in Florida that would brush against our bedroom window and manys the night when my brother would tremble in fear at the shape of a wolf in its branches....

Stuart Leeds said...

HAHA!...I reckon that tree shadows can conjure up many an image...and that depends on the level of your imagination. Perhaps the younger you are, the more scarey the images?!

Welcome again, spottedwolf...perhaps soon, I'll get back to blogging with something interesting