Friday 1 August 2008

Brief Intro

The Hearth of Northern Wights...
...exists to honour the Northern gods and goddesses, in particular Thor (Thunor), Odin (Woden), Holda, Frigg, Freya & Frey. Also, among those honoured, are various house and land-wights (as and when they make themselves known), ancestors (past and present) and fellow Heathens (those known and those yet to befriend).

The symbol shown reads, "Hearth of Northern Wights" in runic script (Anglo-Saxon style). As writing in runes is generally accepted as phonetic, the words 'Hearth', is spelt 'Harth' and 'Wights' is spelt 'Wytes'. Having said that, it is also my understanding that modern practioners of runic writing use the full spelling of the words that we use today. However, as with Heathenry in general, there is no right or wrong way of doing things!

The central roundel shows a bind-rune of the following runes "Sowhilo", "Mannaz" and "Laguz", my initials.

Current membership consists of myself and my dog (if she cares to turn up!). And that's it! So, it's a solo thing, but I'm willing to meet other genuine Heathens and other Pagans at the usual events!

1 comment:

Hrafnkell Haraldsson said...

Stu, I see you haven't posted in a while so you may or may not see this (if you comment on Heathen's Day I'll point you this direction). You've been tagged